Emirates today announced that it will introduce Premium Economy Class to 5 more cities in December 2022. The airline has been flying its new Premium Economy Class to London Heathrow, Paris and Sydney since 1st August 2022.
5 more cities get Emirates’ Premium Economy Class
Emirates will introduce its new Premium Economy Class to 5 more cities – Auckland, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Melbourne and Singapore.
Emirates’ enhanced A380s with Premium Economy to New York-JFK, San Francisco, Melbourne, Auckland and Singapore will operate as follows:
- To New York JFK, Emirates will operate with its newly retrofitted A380 on EK203 and EK204, starting from 1st December 2022
- To Auckland, Emirates will debut its Premium Economy cabin on EK448 and EK449, starting 15th January 2023
- From 1st February 2023, Melbourne will become the second Australian destination to be served with the signature Emirates A380 featuring Premium Economy. Services will be deployed on EK406 and EK407
- San Francisco will become the second US destination to be served by the retrofitted A380 with refreshed interiors on EK225 and EK226, starting on 15th February 2023
- Emirates’ enhanced A380 with Premium Economy will land in Singapore for the first time on 1st March 2023, operating as EK354 and EK355
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
The Dubai-based carrier says that it “aims to offer customers more opportunities to experience its highly acclaimed Premium Economy product”.
The airline will also add more Premium Economy seats on services to London Heathrow and Sydney, as its newly enhanced aircraft sporting refreshed cabins roll into scheduled service. Emirates will update its schedules to London Heathrow, Sydney and New York-JFK with its retrofitted A380 aircraft operating on the following services:
- From 15th December 2022, Sydney will become the first city in the Emirates network to offer Premium Economy seats on all flights, with the introduction of the airline’s retrofitted aircraft on EK414 and EK415
- From 1st January 2023, London Heathrow will receive its third daily service with Premium Economy, with the new product debuting on EK005 and EK006
- From 15th March 2023, Emirates will operate its second A380 with Premium Economy to New York JFK on EK201 and EK202
In addition to these flights, Emirates will also start A380 services with a Premium Economy debut to Christchurch from 26th March 2023, as an extension of the Dubai to Sydney service, operating as EK412 and EK413.
Emirates says that since it “debuted its Premium Economy Class to London, Paris and Sydney, customer response has been overwhelmingly positive with demand exceeding expectations, demonstrating its appeal and willingness of travellers to trade-up and try the quiet luxury and meticulously customised experience it offers”.
Expansion of A380 network
Emirates’ latest deployment plans will see 85 A380s back in the sky by December, which the airline says is well-timed to serve the year-end travel demand.
By the end of March 2023, Emirates will be flying its A380 to 42 destinations. In tandem, the airline is optimising its network to meet robust demand and enhancing its existing schedules to over 400 A380 departures from Dubai, offering 460,000 weekly A380 seats by March 2023, including 81,000 seats across its premium cabins.
By year end, the airline will be serving close to a third of its network with its flagship on 85 A380s as it unlocks more destinations like Houston, Bengaluru, Perth, Auckland, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur, with additional cities to be announced in the coming weeks. With an expanded list of cities, Emirates will have recovered 75% of its pre-pandemic A380 network.
Featured image by Emirates
What do you think of Emirates introducing Premium Economy Class to more cities? Let me know in the comments section below.