Hyatt announced plans for 7 new luxury hotels and resorts throughout Europe and the Middle East, in addition to 24 previously announced luxury hotels within Hyatt’s luxury portfolio globally that are slated to open by 2023. These brands are: Alila, Andaz, Destination by Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, and Thompson.
All grounded in premium, cultural and desirable destinations known for their cuisine, architecture, immersive cultures, and history, Hyatt’s says that these newly announced projects are located throughout Europe and the Middle East and have been carefully selected to complement its elevated, luxury portfolio:
- Magma Resort Santorini, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand (expected to open in mid 2022): Magma Resort Santorini, the first resort in the Greek islands in a Hyatt brand, will offer one-of-a-kind luxury stays. The 59-room resort will be nestled among traditional old vineyards and located on the lava-made slopes of Vourvoulos where guests will be able to enjoy stunning Santorini sunsets.
- 7Pines Resort Sardinia, part of the Destination by Hyatt brand (expected to open in mid 2022): 7Pines Resort Sardinia will mark the second Destination by Hyatt hotel in Europe. Ideally located overlooking the archipelago of La Maddalena and surrounded by untouched coastline and a nature reserve, guests will enjoy laid-back luxury and a deep sense of place in this unique setting.
- Thompson Madrid (expected to open in mid 2022): Representing an exciting milestone for Hyatt, Thompson Madrid will mark the brand’s debut in Spain and reintroduction to Europe. The dynamic, thoughtfully curated hotel will be located in the center of the new Golden Mile of Madrid, steps away from the most visited icons of the city. Striking design and spaces, including a rooftop terrace and pool, are sure to make the hotel a cultural hub showcasing the individuality of the locale.
- Andaz Doha (expected to open in late 2022): The Andaz brand is expected to debut in Qatar with the 318-room Andaz Doha, which will offer stunning sea views and will be located in the prestigious West Bay area of Doha. Providing elevated sensory experiences and unscripted service, Andaz Doha will invite today’s luxury traveler to immerse themselves into Qatar’s culture and capture the true essence of the surrounding destination.
- Alila Lanzarote (expected to open in 2025): Alila Lanzarote will offer a rare kind of luxury, integrating the respect and understanding of the local environment. Known for its diverse marine life, volcanic landscape and protected beaches, Lanzarote represents a spectacular location for the brand’s premier in Europe.
- Grand Hyatt Lanzarote (expected to open in 2025): Grand Hyatt Lanzarote will be located in the premium tourist region on the island of Lanzarote and will provide stunning coastal views. Guests can look forward to spectacular design, iconic experiences in breathtaking settings and superior service and amenities to match.
- Park Hyatt Riyadh Diriyah Gate (expected to open in 2025): Park Hyatt Riyadh Diriyah Gate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be part of the much-anticipated Diriyah Gate Development overlooking Al-Turaif’s UNESCO world heritage site. Over 2.5 square miles (7 square kilometers) of Diriyah will be transformed into one of the world’s foremost historic tourism destinations offering guests a refined home-away-from home and new ways to experience the history of Saudi Arabia.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
In addition, the following previously announced hotels within Hyatt’s luxury brand portfolio are expected to open in the next 2 years:
- La Zambra, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, in Mijas, Spain (formerly the Byblos Hotel)
- Fuji Speedway Hotel, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, in Oyama, Japan
- Grand Resort Qingchengshan, a Destination by Hyatt hotel, in Greater China
- Andaz Prague, Czech Republic
- Andaz Nanjing Hexi, Greater China
- Andaz Pattaya Jomtien Beach, Thailand
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon, India
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula, Greater China
- Park Hyatt Marrakech, Morocco
- Park Hyatt Jakarta, Indonesia
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives
- Alila Taihu Suzhou, Greater China
- Thompson Austin, United States
- Thompson Denver, United States
- Hotel La Compañía, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, in Panama City, Panama
- Numu in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos Hotel & Residences, Mexico
- Hotel Rhodania, Crans Montana, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, in Switzerland
- Grand Hansa Hotel Helsinki, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, in Finland
- Grand Hyatt Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Thompson Houston, United States
- Thompson Monterrey, Mexico
- Thompson South Beach, United States
Amy Weinberg, Senior Vice President, Loyalty, Brand Marketing and Consumer Insights, Hyatt, said:
Today, more than ever, our members and guests are looking for unforgettable travel moments – moments that are truly meaningful and leave an indelible mark, connecting them to experiences that change and inspire them. The addition of these new hotels and resorts across Hyatt’s luxury portfolio will reinforce Hyatt’s position as a leader in the luxury hospitality space.
Featured image of Magma Resort Santorini, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand by Hyatt
What do you think of Hyatt’s expansion plans for its Luxury Brand Portfolio? Let me know in the comments section below.