As COVID-19 cases are increasing in Dubai, new restrictions have been put in place.
The latest COVID-19 restrictions in Dubai are:
- The number of guests allowed inside swimming pools and private beaches in hotels is now limited to 70% of total capacity
- Hotel establishments can operate at 70%of total capacity; new bookings should comply with the new capacity limit
- Restaurants and cafes are required to close by 01:00 hours. No entertainment activities will be allowed in their premises
- Pubs and bars across Dubai will be closed
- Shopping malls to operate at a reduced capacity of 70%
- Audience capacity of seated indoor venues, including cinemas as well as entertainment and sports venues are reduced to 50%of maximum capacity
“A marked increase in the number of violations of precautionary measures had been noticed, thus causing the decision to implement tighter rules to protect the health of the citizens, residents and visitors. If you’re planning on heading to Dubai, be prepared to get a Covid test before you fly in. Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management has issued restrictions that will be in place from February 2 to 28.”stated The Dubai Media Office.
The committee has also encouraged members of the community to report any violations of precautionary measures by individuals or establishments through its “Police Eye” service in the Dubai Police Smart App or via Dubai Police’s Call Centre 901.