There is some good news for those staying in Austin or visiting the city frequently. American Airlines is continuing to grow at Austin with a whopping 14 new routes and including 10 domestic and 4 international.
10 new domestic routes
American Airlines is adding 10 new domestic routes out of Austin. The new destinations are:
- El Paso: 3-times-a-day (one starting on 8th September, another on 7th October and the 3rd on 2nd November)
- Cincinnati: twice-daily from 8th September
- Indianapolis: twice-daily (one starting on 8th September and another on 7th October)
- Kansas City: twice-daily (one stating on 8th September and another on 2nd November)
- St. Louis: twice-daily (one starting on 8th September and another on 7th October)
- Jacksonville: daily from 8th September
- Oklahoma City: daily from 7th October
- Reno: daily from 8th September
- San Juan: daily from 7th October
- Tulsa: daily from 2nd November
4 new international routes
The airline will also start flights to 4 new international destinations. They are:
- Cancun: 4-times-a-week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays) starting 7th October
- Liberia: 3-times-a-week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) starting 2nd November
- Puerto Vallarta: 3-times-a-week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) starting 2nd November
- Punta Cana: 4-times-a-week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays) starting 2nd November
Additionally, two international destinations will see summer seasonal service convert to year-round service:
- Los Cabos: turns to year-round service on 7th October with 3-weekly flights (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Nassau: turns to year-round service on 2nd November with 4-weekly flights (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays)
Brian Znotins, Vice President of Network Planning, American Airlines, said:
Earlier this year we added more flights from Austin, and customers have spoken: they want more. We’re eager to offer our customers even more opportunities to reconnect with family, friends and colleagues. Together with our partners, we’re making it easier than ever to connect Austin with the world.
American Airlines is strengthening its commitment in Austin. The carrier is adding frequencies on existing domestic routes. The following cities will see new services this fall:
- Dallas/Fort Worth: 2 additional flights starting 2nd November
- Orlando: an additional flight starting 7th October
- Miami: 2 additional flights (one starting on 7th October and another on 2nd November)
- New Orleans: an additional flight starting 7th October
- Tampa: an additional flight starting 2nd November
In March, American Airlines announced 10 new nonstop routes out of Austin, one of the airline’s most important cities. This latest announcement will continue to build up the airline’s commitment to one of the fastest-growing cities in America.
Steve Adler, Mayor of Austin, said:
For the past 40 years, American Airlines has connected Austin and Central Texas with the world. We couldn’t be happier with today’s announcement of new and expanded service in AUS. We look forward to continuing our successful partnership with American for many more years to come.
Together with its partners, American Airlines will offer nearly 100 peak day departures from Austin this fall.
Alison Taylor, Chief Customer Officer, American Airlines, said:
We’re delighted our customers will continue to benefit from our joint business and alliances through these increased routes. Austin is an increasingly important market for both our leisure and business customers, and we will continue to deliver our world-class customer service as the market expands.
Featured image by Airbus
What do you think of American’s growth at Austin, Texas? Let me know in the comments section below.