Sun Country Airlines has announced that it will add 11 new routes from Minneapolis. With this, the airline will have flights to 7 new destinations in its network.
Expanding from Minneapolis
Sun Country Airlines will add new, nonstop service from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport to Buffalo Niagara International Airport, Burlington International Airport, Charleston International Airport, Jacksonville International Airport, Pittsburgh International Airport, Spokane International Airport, and Vancouver International Airport.
The airline will continue nonstop service to Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, Asheville Regional Airport, Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport and General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The low-cost carrier also revealed that it is extending its current schedule through early September 2022.
Brian Ryks, CEO, Metropolitan Airports Commission, said:
It is great to see Sun Country continue to grow its service to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. These seven new and four returning routes provide great get-away options once the coming winter’s snow melts and people become eager to get out and travel again.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
7 new and 4 returning routes
From Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Sun Country will operate flights to:
- Asheville Regional Airport : year round service – 2-weekly flights
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport : resumes 7th April 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport : resumes 7th April 2022 – 4-weekly flights (decreases to 2-weekly flights in June 2022)
- Charleston International Airport : starts 7th April 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- Jacksonville International Airport : starts 8th April 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- Pittsburgh International Airport : starts 2nd June 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- General Mitchell International Airport : resumes 2nd June 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- Spokane International Airport : starts 9th June 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport : starts 9th June 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- Vancouver International Airport : starts 15th June 2022 – 2-weekly flights
- Burlington International Airport : starts 16th June 2022 – 2-weekly flights
Grant Whitney, Chief Revenue Officer, Sun Country Airlines, said:
We’re excited to offer travelers affordable access to exciting new destinations including some of the most beautiful coastal towns on the East Coast, the Great Lakes, and Canada. We look forward to welcoming guests onboard to enjoy our many amenities like free inflight entertainment, complimentary nonalcoholic beverage service, and comfortable reclining seats with in-seat power on their way to their next great vacation.
With today’s expansion, Sun Country Airlines will operate a total of more than 100 routes and to 80 airports in the United States, Mexico, Central America, Canada, and Caribbean.
Featured image by Airways Magazine
What do you think of Sun Country Airlines’ expansion out of Minneapolis? Let me know in the comments section below.