American hospitality brand Marriott International as announced plans to rebrand 23 hotels in the United Kingdom under Delta by Marriott brand, following an agreement between Marriott and the hotels’ owner.
Marriott said that the hotels would be rebranded from October this year, followed by a phased renovation schedule. All properties are expected to be renovated and rebranded by late summer 2023.
The 23 Marriott hotels that will be rebranded as Delta by Marriott Hotels are:
- Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
- Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
- Swindon Marriott Hotel
- Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
- Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
- Northampton Marriott Hotel
- Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre
- Birmingham Marriott Hotel
- Preston Marriott Hotel
- Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
- Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
- Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
- Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
- Swansea Marriott Hotel
- Peterborough Marriott Hotel
- Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
- Aberdeen Marriott Hotel
- St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- York Marriott Hotel
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
External signage has already been changed at some of the hotels including those at Bexleyheath and Preston, with Northampton, York, Manchester Airport and Newcastle Metro Centre to follow.
The group said that “the decision was the result of long standing discussions with owners of Marriott branded hotels globally regarding the Marriott Hotels Product Transformation strategy”. The group added that the owner is “investing significantly in this transition, with each property having a tailored renovation plan”.
The group added:
The outcome of this owner investment and brand transition will be a refreshed hotel product and a seamless guest experience.
Marriott said that as a result of these discussions the parties had agreed to transition 23 UK hotels “into a new Marriott International brand, which all parties agree will help drive the long-term success of these properties”.
Marriott says that the Marriott Bonvoy membership benefits will remain the same at the reflagged hotels. The group adds that there will be no impact on staffing levels or terms at the hotels as a result of the brand transition. All remaining Marriott Hotels in the UK will continue to be managed by Marriott International under the Marriott Hotels brand.
Featured image of Delta by Marriott Hotel Nottingham Belfry
What do you think of Marriott converting 23 UK properties to Delta brand? Let me know in the comments section below.