EDITION Hotels, a part of Marriott’s luxury brand portfolio, has announced its plans to open five new properties worldwide in 2023. The brand is expected to double in size to 30 properties by 2027. There are 15 EDITION Hotels currently open worldwide.
EDITION Hotels will debut in four new destinations in 2023, with five properties expected to open in total next year. EDITION Hotels’ ongoing expansion is slated to continue into 2024 and beyond, with hotel signings this year in several primary destinations, including Lake Como and the Red Sea.
The following EDITION properties will open in 2023:
- The Rome EDITION (expected to open in Spring 2023): EDITION Hotels first Italian property will feature 93 rooms and suites, including two penthouses each with a private terrace. The Rome EDITION will offer a signature restaurant with outdoor dining space that will make locals and visitors fall in love with its cuisine and all that comes with it; a Punch Room Bar with its exceptionally crafted cocktails; and a Rooftop Terrace where guests have the choice of a seasonal bite, a drink overlooking the city, a private gathering with friends, or all of the above. In addition to customizable indoor and outdoor event spaces, plans also call for a rooftop swimming pool, a spacious high-tech gym, and two treatment rooms including a couples-massage experience. With its central location a few steps from Via Veneto and Bernini’s Tritone Fountain in Piazza Barberini, The Rome EDITION will be a short walk of all the best that the city has to offer, such as the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Borghese Gardens and Gallery, and other wonders that make Rome a must-see destination. At the corner of modern luxury and history, the hotel is housed within a historical striking building designed by Cesare Pascoletti in collaboration with architect Marcello Piacentini, one of Italy’s most famed architects of Rationalism in the early 20th century.
- The Riviera Maya EDITION at Kanai (expected to open in Summer 2023): EDITION’s first property in Mexico, The Riviera Maya EDITION at Kanai, is expected to open in summer 2023. With 180 rooms and suites, the hotel will be situated within the luxurious Kanai development, and home to six food and beverage outlets including a signature restaurant, pool bar and beach club, destination spa and an expansive 206 square meter Penthouse Suite. In addition to multiple meeting spaces, the hotel will also house an extensive outdoor deck for large-scale events and parties. Located on a pristine beachfront site, the property will find its oceanfront home in the blissful stretch of Caribbean coastline. Riviera Maya is known for its mangroves and lagoons, ancient Mayan cities, tropical beaches, ecological reserves, and the world’s second-largest coral reef.
- The Jeddah EDITION (expected to open in Summer 2023): EDITION is set to expand into Saudi Arabia with its expected third property in the Middle East. The hotel is located along the Jeddah Corniche next to the Yacht Club & Marina as well as the F1 racetrack, with easy access to Jeddah’s City Center and the Mall of Arabia. With 63 rooms, including 11 suites, the new hotel is slated to feature a signature restaurant, lobby lounge, intimate bar, rooftop, and a swimming pool.
- The Singapore EDITION (expected to open in Fall 2023): Singapore is slated to be the location of EDITION’s first hotel in Southeast Asia. The 190-room property will be located in the heart of the downtown Orchard district, the most popular destination for retail and entertainment in Singapore. In addition to five restaurant and bar venues, a rooftop pool, spa, and fitness center, plans also call for 600 square meters of indoor and outdoor meeting space for events.
- The Tokyo EDITION, Ginza (expected to open in Summer 2023): Following the successful launch in late 2020 of The Tokyo EDITION, Toranomon, the first EDITION hotel in Japan, The Tokyo EDITION, Giza will further establish the brand’s position as one of the most exciting lifestyle pioneers in Asia. Slated to open in summer 2023, the hotel will be situated just off Chuo Street, one of the largest upscale entertainment and shopping destinations in the city. The newly constructed property includes plans for 78 rooms and suites, three incredible food and beverage destinations including a rooftop bar, together with a meeting studio and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
EDITION’s rapid hotel growth and the interest from the development community to build standalone residences clearly illustrates the strength of the brand. Extending our luxury lifestyle hospitality brand into the standalone residential arena provides our most loyal guests an opportunity to literally live the EDITION lifestyle without leaving home. By the end of 2023, we expect that EDITION will operate in 20 destinations as we add hotels in new and existing markets across three continents while continuing to build a robust pipeline.said Josh Fluhr, Senior Vice President and Global Managing Director, EDITION Hotels.
Following the success of EDITION residences as part of hotel developments in Miami, West Hollywood, and Tampa, the first standalone EDITION branded residences are under development in Miami Edgewater and Fort Lauderdale, anticipated to launch in 2026 and 2027 respectively.
Meanwhile, Marriott recently announced that it will open a EDITION property in Italy’s Lake Como.
Featured image of The Riviera Maya EDITION at Kanai by Marriott
Both the other images by Marriott
What do you think of EDITION Hotels’ expansion plans for 2023 and beyond? Let me know in the comments section below.
Follow IH Aviation and Travel on Social Media on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.