Hilton has unveiled that it will open seven new luxury properties under its three luxury brands in 2023.
Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts currently has 32 properties across 16 destinations open. The brand has a pipeline of 26 properties set to open in the coming years.
Waldorf Astoria will open just one new hotel in 2023: Waldorf Astoria Cairo – Heliopolis, Egypt. The property, scheduled to open in Spring 2023, will mark the luxury brand’s debut in Egypt, “offering inspirational environments, unforgettable experiences, and seamless elegant service” to residents and travelers alike. Ideally located less than 10 minutes away from Cairo International Airport in the vibrant neighborhood of Heliopolis, the hotel will feature a distinctive grand lobby with traditional elements such as the iconic Waldorf Astoria Lobby Clock and the famed Peacock Alley. The hotel will house 252 luxurious rooms and suites and will be home to a variety of dining and entertainment outlets. Perfect for both leisure and business guests, the hotel will house the signature Waldorf Astoria Spa, a relaxing swimming pool surrounded by a landscaped garden, a fitness center, nine meeting rooms, and ballrooms that can accommodate up to 2,000 guests.
Additional Waldorf Astoria openings beyond 2023 include:
- Waldorf Astoria Seychelles Platte Island (2024)
- Waldorf Astoria Tanger, Morocco (2024)
- Waldorf Astoria Jakarta, Indonesia (2024)
- Waldorf Astoria Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2024)
- Waldorf Astoria New York (2024)
- Waldorf Astoria London Admiralty Arch, England (2025)
- Waldorf Astoria Osaka, Japan (2025)
New in-room bath amenities and brand ritual rollouts to watch this year include Waldorf Astoria’s partnership with skincare brand Aesop, known for formulating products of the finest quality for the skin, body and hair, as well as fragrance and accessories for self and space. The brand’s iconic Peacock Alley will also be reimagined globally with a timeless and memorable beverage ritual and elevated bar concept that celebrates the brand and its landmark hotels and resorts together in partnership with leading independent spirits company Proof & Company.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
Conrad Hotels and Resorts
The largest of the Hilton Luxury Brand portfolio with 44 properties, Conrad Hotels & Resorts is continuing its expansion into new markets. Featured new openings for the remainder of 2022 and for 2023 include:
- Conrad Rabat Arzana, Morocco (December 2022): Featuring 120 spacious luxury rooms and suites, Hilton’s first luxury hotel in Morocco will offer spectacular ocean views from its elevated waterfront location in the exclusive area of Harhoura, overlooking tranquil lagoons and beaches. Guests will be able to experience breathtaking surroundings while enjoying locally inspired dining at four restaurants and bar lounges. The hotel will also house Morocco’s largest Royal Suite at 623 square meters, offer a fully appointed Conrad Spa and beauty salon as well as 1000+ square meters of event space that includes a grand ballroom, four meeting rooms and an outer terrace, overlooking the majestic Atlantic Ocean.
- Conrad Shenzhen, China (Spring 2023): Located in the heart of the central business and financial district, Conrad Shenzhen will be designed by international firm Yabu Pushelberg. The bold design will center on the theme of ‘A Story of a Dreamer’, and aims to provide a restful respite from the bustling thrum of the city. When it opens, it will feature 300 guest rooms and suites with garden city and bay views, international restaurants and over 1,500 square meters of meeting space, including an expansive grand ballroom. Conrad Shenzhen is committed to offer purposeful service for business and leisure travellers alike.
- Conrad Orlando – Florida, United States (Fall 2023): Conrad Orlando will debut with 433 rooms, including 51 impeccably designed suites and 10 spacious family suites offering oversized accommodations that deliver all the comforts of home. Other features include 40,000 square feet of indoor meeting space, a tranquil Conrad Spa, water garden, and numerous dining options, including a signature rooftop experience. As part of Evermore Orlando Resort, bordering Walt Disney World® Resort, guests will enjoy a 20-acre tropical beach and 8-acre crystalline lagoon, aquatic activities, and two Jack Nicklaus-designed 18-hole golf courses.
- Conrad Singapore Orchard (Fall 2023): Steps from Singapore’s famed Orchard Road shopping district and home to many luxury retailers, top-end restaurants and department stores, Conrad Singapore Orchard will feature 440 spacious guest rooms starting from 36 square meters. The hotel will also offer a fitness center and over 1,600 square meters of beautiful event spaces. Conrad Singapore Orchard is conveniently accessible to Singapore’s Changi International Airport, located 22 kilometers or a 30-minute drive away.
- Conrad Chongqing, China (Fall 2023): Set on the upper floors of an 853-foot skyscraper, Conrad Chongqing will afford guests breathtaking river views of the hilly megacity, along with 240 luxurious guest rooms, three featured bar and restaurant concepts and over 14,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces.
In 2024, Conrad will open the following four properties:
- Conrad Residences Bahrain Financial Harbour, Bahrain
- Conrad Athens The Ilisian, Greece
- Conrad Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Conrad Costa Del Sol, Spain
LXR Hotels and Resorts
Hilton’s newest luxury brand, LXR Hotels and Resorts, launched in 2018. Since then, the brand has had a steady growth. In 2023, the brand will open just one resort. Set to open as the first LXR-branded resort in Southeast Asia in 2023, the 72 all-villa resort in Bali, Indonesia will join as the 10th property in the collection of unique, independent luxury properties around the world, including the recently opened ROKU KYOTO in Japan and Mango House, Seychelles.
In 2024, the brand will open a property in Tel Aviv, Israel while 2025 will see two openings under the LXR brand – one in Abu Dhabi, UAE and another in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Featured image of Conrad Rabat Arzana by Hilton
Both the other images by Hilton
What do you think of Hilton’s scheduled openings under its luxury brands for 2023 and beyond? Let me know in the comments section below.