Mementos by ITC Hotels, the hotel group’s newest brand, will open its debut property soon. The Udaipur resort will be its very first property, opening in a weeks’ time from now. This resort also happens to be ITC Hotels’ debut property in Udaipur, popularly known as the “City of Lakes”.
Mementos by ITC Hotels Ekaaya Udaipur is tucked away in the quaint corner north of Udaipur.
The property is about 29 kilometres away from the city centre while Udaipur’s Maharana Pratap Airport is 41 kilometres away. The resort is located in the Raya area near Eklingji Temple.
The resort, spread over a whopping 106 acres, features seven different accommodation options, totalling 117 suites and villas. These include:
- Valley View Villa with an area of 45 square meters and featuring a balcony providing sweeping views of the surrounding Aravali valley
- Lake View Villa, same as Valley View Villa but with a lake view
- Premium Villa, featuring cozy gazebo and a semi-private pool, with rooms featuring tasteful touches like Alaska Gold Granite flooring and Thekri glasswork (63 square meters)
- Aravali Suite featuring a private patio and a temperature-controlled swimming pool, views of the surrounding Aravali ranges and a private lawn
- Mementos Suite, spread over an area of 127 square meters, offers an unhindered 360-degree view of the majestic Aravalis. The suite features two bedrooms, a living room, a temperature controlled swimming pool and a balcony
- Presidential Suite, which is spread over an area of 514 square meters and capable of accommodating up to 12 guests, features a temperature controlled swimming pool, spacious bathrooms with jacuzzi, and a living cum dining area
- Grand Presidential Suite, the biggest of it all, is the resort’s flagship offering. This three-bedroom suite is wrapped in rich coral and white interiors and tasteful furnishings showcase understated elegance. It also has dedicated areas for wellness and spa therapy, and an expansive patio to host gatherings along with a temperature controlled private swimming pool
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
Mementos by ITC Hotels Ekaaya Udaipur features five Food&Beverage outlets. These include:
- Udai Pavilion is the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant offering a buffet spread for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Kebabs and Kurries is an “exclusive” restaurant showcasing scrumptious heritage cuisine fine-tuned through years of research. This restaurant is open for lunch and dinner
- Royal Vega, inspired by the erstwhile royal kitchens of India, is a exclusive vegetarian restaurant offers a fine collection of timeless delicacies, based on the ancient Indian system of seasonal cooking & “decades of culinary research”. This restaurant is open only for dinner
- The Rock Bar is housed in a magnificent stone fortress atop the resort’s highest point. It serves light bites and cocktails that are crafted using mixology and molecular gastronomy
- Aravali Lounge serves warm beverages, light bites and handcrafted cocktails
Facilities at the resort include an infinity swimming pool featuring 60-degree view of the Aravalis, a health and fitness centre and a lounge pool. Kaya Kalp – The Royal Spa offers therapies that come from millennia of distilled wisdom enshrined in ancient Indian beliefs and practices.
Ollie’s Club is a games room which also offers Kiddie special programs which include movie night, pizza making and cupcake decoration and many other activities.
Mementos by ITC properties will have “Mementos Ambassadors” who will act as “butlers”, helping every guest to make their stay a memorable one. Other facilities include different hikes, “Wellness in the Wild”, Moonlight Yoga, Bird Watching, “An Astral Adventure”, Fish Feeding and Landscape Painting. There’s also a Games Launchpad which has games like tennis, croquet, carrom, foosball, snooker and table tennis.
The resort also features event spaces capable of accommodating up to 3000 guests.
Udaipur finally gets a new resort!
Udaipur is a very popular city amongst tourists. The city is known for its multiple lakes, authentic Rajasthani culture and laid-back lifestyle. The city is home to some of the best hotels in the world, from the Oberoi Udaivilas Resort to The Leela Palace.
However, the city has not seen any large resort or hotel similar to this open in the recent years. The Mememtos Ekaaya property will be a welcome addition to the strong hotel portfolio that Udaipur has.
As aforementioned, this resort is ITC’s debut property in the city and it seems like the group has delivered. The resort seems to be a perfect gateway to relax and refresh. From the rooms to the dining options to the mesmerising views of the surrounding Aravalis, this resort seems to have it all.
However, the resort will have to compete with the best of the best. Oberoi and Leela, two of the world’s greatest hospitality brands as recognised by many, each have a resort in Udaipur, both of which continuously rank as the top resorts in India. Then, Taj Hotels has three properties in the city while there’s also a Raffles with its own private island right in the middle of a lake.
All in all, there’s some tough competition for this new ITC property. However, I think that the resort is a destination in itself and having everything on point right from the start will be the key to position this resort as a premium and ideal gateway and “Experience Unseen Udaipur” just as their tagline promises to offer.
Featured image by ITC Hotels
All the other images by ITC Hotels
What do you think of Mementos by ITC Hotels Ekaaya Udaipur? Let me know in the comments section below.