The JetBlue-American Alliance continues to move forward as both the airlines plan to launch new routes out of New York and Boston.
Both the airlines plan to launch a combined 33 new routes out of Boston and New York, with JFK getting new flights to the Caribbean and South America on American Airlines Metal.
American Airlines’ new international flights from New York
American Airlines will launch 3 new daily routes out of New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport on 6th May, 2021 down to Columbia. The airline will fly an Airbus A319 daily to Bogota, Medellin and Cali. On the long-haul front, American will be adding a new Boeing B777-200ER service to Santiago, Chile. The Santiago flight will run 3-times-a-week before bumping up to daily in November.
In addition to this, the airline will add a new Saturday-service from JFK to St. Lucia and Turks and Caicos in June. American’s service will complement JetBlue’s.
American’s new domestic flights
Coming summer, American Airlines will launch 12 new flights from North-Eastern United States. The routes will mostly operate on a summer seasonal schedule.
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming from 5th June through 4th September
- Wilmington, North Carolina from 5th June through 14th August
- Traverse City, Michigan from 5th June through 6th September
- Asheville, North Carolina from 5th June through 6th November
- Columbus, Ohio from 17th August, year-round service
From New York LaGuardia Airport:
- Key West, Florida from 5th June through 4th September
- Rapid City, South Dakota from 5th June through 4th September
- Savannah, Georgia from 3rd June through 7th September
- Kansas City, Missouri from 8th September, year round service
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from 3rd June through 7th September
- Pensacola, Florida from 3rd June through 7th September
The last of the 12 new routes is from New York-JFK to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California. This flight will begin from 2nd June on a year-round schedule.
JetBlue’s expansion out of New York
JetBlue has recently turned its attention to Newark, and now it plans to grow even more out of the airport. Starting on 1st July, JetBlue will launch the following new routes out of Newark:
- Nantucket, Massachusetts
- Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts
- Cartagena, Colombia
- Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Seattle, Washington
- St. Lucia
- Aguadilla, Puerto Rica
- V.C. Bird International Airport in Antigua
- St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
Out of LaGuardia, JetBlue is expanding with flights to:
- Denver, Colorado
- Martha’s Vineyard
- Charleston, South Carolina
While flights to Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket will be on JetBlue’s Embraer E190 jets, all other service is planned on the airline’s Airbus A320 family fleet.
New York-JFK is also getting additional JetBlue service. Summer seasonal flights will operate to Glacier Park in Montana up to three times per week from 1st July. JetBlue will add its 31st state served with new flights from New York-JFK to Boise, Idaho (BOI). Both routes will operate with Airbus A320 service.
American and JetBlue will launch their first codeshare flights beginning on February 25th. Tickets are already on sale.
Meanwhile, Allegiant has also announced 34 new nonstop routes as part of the spring-summer schedule.
What do you think of American-JetBlue Alliance and the launch of new routes as part of the Alliance? Let us know in the comments section below.