Accor’s Novotel has unveiled new brand vision with four new design concepts, providing flexibility to its owning and franchisee partners and allowing each to choose and customize an ideal style that best suits the unique character of the destination.
The brand has teamed with four international design teams to bring the brand’s new vision of modern, 21st century style to the world. Novotel, following an intense worldwide design pitch, chose four winning concepts that will be brought to life at Novotel locations around the globe. Accor says that this will allow Novotel to shift from a standardized brand to a hospitality leader in the midscale hotel space.
Nadège Keryhuel, Vice President, Novotel, said:
Novotel has embraced a new vision in terms of hotel design. We are excited to work with four outstanding design teams, who will help us creatively transform our hotels through a set of distinct visions of modern, premium hospitality. Our goal is to achieve a signature hotel experience, without standardization, from check-in to check-out – a major evolution for the brand and a leading approach in the midscale segment.
According to Accor, the brand’s ‘new design partners exhibit a strong vision on the evolution of societal behaviour and recent consumer trends across Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia’. During the new design strategy’s global call to action, design teams were invited to submit concepts that included a lively social hub that would appeal to locals as well as guests; and a modern, intuitive and ageless design that incorporates high-quality, sustainable materials.
Novotel says that the winning concepts will now be brought to life, not only in the rooms, but also within hotel common areas such as the social hub, fitness spaces and spas, thus ensuring that every moment at a Novotel is designed with purpose and for maximum guest enjoyment.
Nadège Keryhuel added:
At Novotel, we are always looking to innovate and to find new ways to enhance the guest experience, so we’re delighted to enter a new era of our design strategy and look forward to seeing it come to life in our locations around the world.
The design teams and their winning submissions include:
- RF Studio: adaptable, sustainable, easy to renovate, this concept delivers a homey feeling and unexpected atmosphere; guests are encouraged to discover a new way of hotel living and feel like they are at the heart of a village.
- Metro: modelled around Novotel’s of ‘Time is on your side’, this modern design concept features natural tones and raw materials, inviting guests to enjoy a multifunctional and flexible space that evolves throughout the day.
- Sundukovy Sisters: This concept blends business with pleasure and mixes well-being among unique ‘co-living’ spaces that embrace lively, social surroundings, current trends and timeless comforts.
- Hypothesis: With a focus on reducing not only physical waste, but also reducing wasted space and time, this design concept allows guests to achieve the balance they seek during their stay.
Damien Perrot, Global Senior Vice President of Design at Accor, said:
Novotel is endowed with strong brand characteristics and a history of innovation and excellence within the global hospitality industry. We were inspired to build upon these strengths, with the goal of continuing to offer the best guest experience amid the evolving expectations of locals and international travellers alike. We pushed the boundaries to conceive modern, intuitive design ideas, where the way we organize the space, the decor and every single object or element serves a specific purpose. All the chosen designs responded to this request brilliantly, allowing us to re-interpret the way we design Novotel hotels around the world. We look forward to writing the next chapter in the brand’s acclaimed success story and to taking Novotel to new heights in the years to come.
Novotel says that guests can expect to see these new designs appearing at a number of Novotel locations worldwide over the next several years. Some examples include:
- Novotel Moscow Comcity (Sundukovy Sisters)
- Novotel Lviv Centre (Hypothesis)
- Novotel BH Savassi (Metro)
- Novotel Canela (RF Studio)
- Novotel Victoria Island Lagos (Sundukovy Sisters)
- Novotel Kinshasa (Metro)
- Novotel Vladivostok (Metro)
- Novotel Mexico City Insurgentes WTC (Sundukovy Sisters)
- Novotel Criciúma (Metro)
- Novotel St Petersburg Airport (Sundukovy Sisters)
Featured image by Accor
What do you think of Novotel’s new brand vision? Do you like it? Let me know in the comments section below.