Hyatt yesterday announced the sustained growth of several luxury and lifestyle brands including Alila, Andaz, Caption by Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Park Hyatt, and Thompson Hotels – to meet the growing demand of the leisure travel market globally.
With more than 35 properties expected to open across these brands through 2022, including eight that have already opened so far in 2021, this news comes as 78% of consumers indicated a desire to travel in 2021 to relieve the stresses of 2020 (Source: American Express Global Travel Trends Study – January 2021).
Crystal Vinisse Thomas, Global Brand Leader, Lifestyle & Luxury Brands for Hyatt, said:
The growth of these lifestyle brands is reflective of the current demand for authentic leisure travel experiences. Hyatt is committed to delivering thoughtful and immersive stays and experiences in top-tier destinations all over the world to meet the needs of our guests as they begin planning vacations again.
To date in 2021, Hyatt has celebrated growth of its luxury and lifestyle brands with the openings of ‘one-of-a-kind’ properties, including:
The Alila brand features luxury hotels in unique locations, distinguished by innovative eco-design and a strong commitment to sustainable tourism. Alila means “surprise” in Sanskrit, which suitably describes the refreshing character of Alila hotels and the impression guests feel when they stay as a guest.
- Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas (Encinitas, California) – opened March 2021
- Alila Napa Valley (Napa Valley, California) – opened March 2021, marking Hyatt’s 1,000th hotel opening
- Alila Hinu Bay (Salalah, Oman) – opened June 2021
Global in scale while local in perspective, the Andaz brand of luxury lifestyle hotels weave the sights, sounds, and tastes of each property’s surroundings for a distinctively local experience. Every Andaz hotel is a unique expression of the culture that surrounds it and enables guests to go beyond the familiar and satiate their curiosity.
- Andaz Bali (Bali, Indonesia) – opened April 2021
Hyatt Centric is a brand of full-service lifestyle hotels located in prime destinations. Each hotel offers social spaces to connect with others in the lobby, meanwhile the bar and restaurant are local hot spots where great conversations, locally inspired food and signature cocktails can be enjoyed.
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee) – opened April 2021
- Hyatt Centric SouthPark Charlotte (Charlotte, North Carolina) – opened June 2021
Founded in 2001, the Thompson Hotels brand is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels with timelessly original properties in urban and resort destinations. Each hotel delivers a new take on modern luxury and tailored stays for guests with connections to world-class culinary offerings, arts and entertainment, and groundbreaking design.
- Thompson San Antonio (San Antonio, Texas) – opened February 2021
- Thompson Savannah (Savannah, Georgia) – opened July 2021
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
Looking ahead through 2021 and beyond, Hyatt will open a selection of anticipated new properties across its luxury and lifestyle portfolio, including:
- Alila Dalit Bay (Sabah, Malaysia)
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives (Raa Atoll, Maldives)
- Alila Taihu Suzhou (Suzhou, China)
- Andaz Nanjing Hexi (Nanjing, China)
- Andaz Macau (Macau, China)
- Andaz Prague (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Andaz Toronto (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Caption by Hyatt:
Caption by Hyatt hotels are redefining what hospitality looks like in the modern world. Designed to be truly of the community—not just in it—the people will make the place throughout each Caption by Hyatt hotel. Caption by Hyatt hotels hire local, buy local, and vibe local. Be it an open-mic night or a pop-up art installation, each space within Caption by Hyatt hotels will be programmed to reflect each destination and its community.
- Caption by Hyatt Beale St. Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee)
- Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York (New York)
- Hyatt Centric Atlanta Buckhead (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Hyatt Centric Austin-Downtown/Congress Street (Austin, Texas)
- Hyatt Centric Cambridge (Cambridge, England)
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver (Denver, Colorado)
- Hyatt Centric Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia)
- Hyatt Centric Montreal (Montreal, Canada)
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Nashville (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento (Sacramento, California)
- Hyatt Centric Jumeirah Dubai (Dubai, U.A.E.)
- Hyatt Centric Melbourne (Melbourne, Australia)
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador (San Salvador, El Salvador)
- Hyatt Centric Sector 17 Chandigarh (Chandigarh, India)
Park Hyatt hotels provide discerning, global travelers with a refined home-away-from-home. Located in several of the world’s premier destinations, each Park Hyatt hotel is custom designed to combine sophistication with understated luxury.
- Park Hyatt Toronto (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), reopening in 2021 after multi-million-dollar redesign
- Park Hyatt Jakarta (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles at Oceanwide Plaza (Los Angeles, California)
- Park Hyatt Marrakech (Marrakech, Morocco)
- Park Hyatt Phu Quoc (Phu Quoc, Vietnam)
- Thompson Austin (Austin, Texas)
- Thompson Buckhead (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Thompson Central Park – New York (New York, N.Y.) Rebranding from Parker New York
- Thompson Denver (Denver, Colorado)
- Thompson Hollywood (Hollywood, California)
Featured image by Hyatt
What do you think of Hyatt’s Global expansion in Luxury and Lifestyle brands? Let me know in the comments section below.