LOT Polish Airlines has announced plans to launch flights to Mumbai, after a gap of 40 years! The airline last served Mumbai in 1982.
Back to Mumbai!
LOT Polish Airlines last operated flights to Mumbai in 1982. Once again, after a gap of 40 years, the airline will once again serve Mumbai with nonstop flights from Warsaw.
Starting 31st May 2022, LOT Polish will operate 2-flights-a-week between Warsaw Chopin Airport and Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport. The flights will run with the following schedule:
- Departure time: 15:40
- Arrival time: 02:45 (the next day)
- Flight time: 7 hours and 35 minutes
- Flight number: LO75
- Frequency: Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Departure time: 08:45
- Arrival time: 13:40
- Flight time: 8 hours and 25 minutes
- Flight number: LO76
- Frequency: Wednesdays and Sundays
- Note: This flight launches on 1st June 2022
Flights on Tuesdays/Wednesdays will be operated by Boeing B787-9 Dreamliner featuring 24 lie-flat Business Class seats, 21 Premium Economy seats and 249 standard Economy Class seats while flights on Saturdays/Sundays will be operated by Boeing B787-8 Dreamliner featuring 18 lie-flat Business Class seats, 21 Premium Economy seats and 213 standard Economy Class seats.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
Flights to Delhi resume tomorrow
On 29th March 2022, LOT Polish will resume 3-weekly flights between Warsaw Chopin Airport and Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began. The flights will run with the following schedule:
- Departure time: 18:25
- Arrival time: 06:00 (the next day)
- Flight time: 8 hours and 05 minutes
- Flight number: LO71
- Frequency: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (increases to 5-flights-a-week from 1st May 2022 with flights on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays)
- Departure time: 08:00
- Arrival time: 13:10
- Flight time: 8 hours and 40 minutes
- Flight number: LO72
- Frequency: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (increases to 5-flights-a-week from 2nd May 2022 with flights on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Note: This flight resumes on 30th March 2022
Flights will Delhi will also be operated by a combination of Boeing B787-8 and B787-9 aircraft with the aforementioned configurations.
Milczarski, President of the management board, LOT Polish Airlines, said:
India is one of the most exotic destinations in our flight network. We are delighted that after a pandemic-related break, our flagship aircraft can again land at Delhi’s IGI Airport. Ensuring a direct connection is an essential element in strengthening Polish-Indian cooperation. It is also a great offer for Poles choosing India as their holiday destination.
Amit Ray, Director – India, LOT Polish Airlines, said:
LOT Polish Airlines is pleased to provide India originating passengers a convenient flight option to Europe, the United States and Canada. Passengers can seamlessly and stress-free connect via Warsaw, giving guests what they value. LOT deploys its flagship aircraft on the Delhi and Mumbai routes, and to cater to the Indian consumer, Indian meals and inflight entertainment including Bollywood movies will be available for guests.
Featured image by LOT Polish Airlines
What do you think of LOT Polish Airlines launching flights to Mumbai? Let me know in the comments section below.