British Airways will bring back many of its premium services this January.
Airlines had made cuts to its inflight services at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic including British Airways. It was done in order to minimise the contact between crew and the passengers.
From 20th January,2021, British Airways will be resuming many of its inflight services. The full rundown of what has been confirmed to staff include:
- À la carte menu in First Class along with a ‘Dine on Demand’ option
- Full meal service in Club Europe/World (although still served together on a single tray)
- Return of Glassware, China and metal Cutlery in First Class and Club Europe/World
- Return of signature afternoon tea and pre-orderable special meals
- Return of full tray service for primary meals in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus
- Return of hot food in Club Europe
- Normal, full bar service in First and Club Europe/World, including ‘Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle’ Champagne.
It remains to be seen if British Airways will still resume these inflight services after a new and fast-spreading COVID-19 variant was found in the United Kingdom which prompted countries worldwide to shut down its borders to the UK.