Emirates says that travel is expected to reach another peak at the end of this week, as the airline expects yet another busy period.
The airline expects high volume of travellers on 2nd and 3rd January,2021, to depart Dubai, in addition to a rush of inbound traffic into the city. Across both the days, over 70,000 passengers will be departing and arriving on Emirates flights.
Emirates has issued a number of appeals for travel on these 2 days:
- Customers are reminded to check the latest travel requirements to their booked destination, and to arrive at the airport at least three hours before their flight departure.
- Customers are encouraged to build in extra time in their journey to avoid delays with expected traffic congestion coming into Terminal 3.
- Passengers physically checking in at the airport are requested to check-in no later than 3 hours prior to departure, no matter which class they are travelling in.
- Those who present themselves less than 60 minutes prior to their scheduled flight departure will not be accepted for travel.
- Passengers who check-in online for their flight are reminded to visit the Emirates check-in counters at the airport to collect their boarding pass along with verification of travel documents required for their destination country.
- Those arriving in Dubai should check the specific entry testing requirements from the country they are coming from.
- Customers are also urged to use the convenient self check-in and bag drop kiosks for a more seamless and faster airport experience. Note that this service is available to all destinations except to the US, India, Canada, China and Hong Kong due to the additional requirements from these destinations.
- After checking-in, passengers are also advised to reach the boarding gate on time. Gates open 90 minutes before departure, boarding starts 45 minutes before each flight and gates close 20 minutes before departure.
- If by chance passengers report late, Emirates will not be able to accept them for travel.
Passengers travelling on Emirates can check the latest COVID-19 travel and specific testing requirements here.
For those visiting Dubai, check the latest information on entry and testing requirements for residents and international visitors here.
Note: The guidelines for travel on 2nd and 3rd January,2021, are issued by Emirates in a press release.