Good news for any Marriott Bonvoy member who’s got a stash of points to use: Marriott plans to add 19 all-inclusive resorts to its portfolio through an agreement with Sunwing Travel Group’s hotel division, Blue Diamond Resorts.
Blue Diamond Resorts has properties throughout the Caribbean, Central America and Mexico.
The agreement aims to place Marriott into the list of the top 10 global all-inclusive players by adding 19 franchised resorts, with nearly 7,000 rooms, across six destinations. This will more than double the company’s presence in the all-inclusive segment to 33 properties by 2025.
The majority of the new properties are set to be rebranded into Marriott’s Autograph Collection by mid 2021. Marriott Bonvoy members will have the option to earn and redeem points at these properties.
In August 2019, Marriott started a push to add more all-inclusive resorts under its umbrella. Nine such hotels are open now in Barbados, Costa Rica and Mexico. And, there are five more hotels in the works for Brazil, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Mexico.
“We are thrilled to work with Sunwing Travel Group and expand into two new leisure destinations – St Lucia and Antigua. Blue Diamond’s expertise in the all-inclusive segment and high-quality resorts will help ensure that these properties serve as excellent additions to the Marriott portfolio. Today’s signing is a testament to Marriott International’s scale and loyalty platform, and we look forward to providing travellers seeking an all-inclusive experience with more choices in the Caribbean and Latin America.”said Tony Capuano, Group President, Global Development, Design and Operations Services, Marriott International.
“We are excited to enter into this agreement with Marriott International, and introduce Blue Diamond Resorts’ portfolio of hotels to their Autograph Collection brand. Our luxurious, award-winning hotels will benefit from Marriott’s world-renowned reputation and esteemed travel program, all while bolstering our mission to bring unparalleled vacation experiences to customers.”said Stephen Hunter, CEO, Sunwing Travel Group.
The following Sunwing Travel resorts are part of this latest agreement and are expected to convert to the Autograph Collection:
- 840-room Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- 343-room Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun
- 566-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun
- 332-room Planet Hollywood Adults Scene Cancun
- 457-room Royalton CHIC Suites Cancun Resort & Spa
- 730-room Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa
- 320-room Royalton CHIC Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- 525-room Royalton Splash Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- 317-room Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino
- 168-room Hideaway at Royalton Punta Cana
- 352-room Royalton White Sands Montego Bay
- 228-room Royalton Blue Waters Montego Bay
- 140-room Hideaway at Royalton Negril
- 407-room Royalton Negril Resort & Spa
- 290-room Royalton Saint Lucia Resort & Spa
- 166-room Hideaway at Royalton Saint Lucia
- 294-room Royalton Antigua Resort & Spa
- 294-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica
Meanwhile, Marriott recently brought its Autograph Collection to Singapore with the opening of Duxton Reserve Singapore, a rebranding of the former Six Senses Duxton property.
What do you think of Marriott’s expansion in all-inclusive resorts? Let us know in the comments section below.