Marriott Bonvoy, the loyalty program from Marriott International, has released a redesigned, more intuitive version of its mobile app in anticipation of increased desire and demand for travel this year.
New features on the Marriott Bonvoy app include:
- New Booking and Shopping Options: Homes & Villas by Marriott International home rentals, Work Anywhere with Marriott Bonvoy day, stay and play passes and Marriott Bonvoy Tours & Activities are all now available through in-app browsing. When booking via the app, guests are guaranteed the lowest rate available and is one of the ways members can earn points and receive on-property benefits during stays.
- More Customization During the Stay: Mobile Key, available at over 4000 properties, is now accessible on the home screen once checked in, making it easy to skip the desk and minimise social contact. Mobile Requests now contains more one-touch-buttons so users can order a crib, shoeshine, and dry cleaning, along with bath towels, pillows, bath products and more, as well as the ability to chat directly with hotel staff.
- Making it Easier for Members to Earn Points:Members can capitalize on points promotions relevant to them on the home screen and their account page. This provides members with easy to access, tailored Marriott Bonvoy American Express and Chase limited time offers, as well as access to points promotions with Eat Around Town and Hertz.
- Updated Searching & Booking with New, Dynamic Map: Users can search and book accommodations by hotel brand, destination, price or points needed for a free night’s stay.
- Increased Functionality for Non-Members: Those who are not ready to join Marriott Bonvoy for free can still search and book stays easier than before.
And more improvements:
- Updated Marriott Bonvoy account profile page highlighting personalized promotions, on-property benefits to take advantage of during stays and full account activity.
- Member numbers can be copied and pasted onto other web-based forms.
- FaceID and TouchID automatically engages after the first login.
- Room numbers will now appear on the home screen.
“The enhanced Marriott Bonvoy Mobile app is a must-have travel companion. It simplifies the travel planning process, allows for the most frictionless experience before and during your stay and gets smarter the more you interact with it. Only the Marriott Bonvoy Mobile app offers travelers so much whether it is the breadth of global accommodations — from 7,500 hotels among our 30 brands to home rentals — destination experiences and relevant and customizable content for travel inspiration. Through tailored, displayed offers, members can learn how to earn hundreds of thousands of points just by booking stays, or going about their daily lives’ grocery shopping, ordering takeout or buying items for their home.”said Leigh Zarelli, Senior Vice President Digital, Marriott International.
“The pandemic has accelerated the trend of digitalisation in the travel sector. Digital platforms, which have long been the preferred source of content and commerce for Millennials and Gen-Z, will increasingly become a source of both inspiration and sales embraced by all generations. The enhanced Marriott Bonvoy Mobile app is a must-have travel companion. It simplifies the travel planning process, allows for a frictionless experience before and during your stay and gets smarter the more you interact with it.said Neal Jones, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Marriott International.
The app is available in 7 languages – English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, with Italian, Russian, Portuguese and Arabic to be added later this year. The improved app experience launches first on Apple’s iOS operating system as Marriott says that it accounts for most Marriott Bonvoy app users. This will be followed by the Android operating system later this year.