Marriott International has announced the launch of the first co-branded hotel credit card in India in collaboration with HDFC Bank, the “Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank Credit Card”.
The new co-branded credit card will run on Diners Club, part of the Discover Global Network. Marriott says that this card aims to be one of the most rewarding travel cards in India.
Some key benefits of Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank credit card include:
Welcome & annual spend based milestone benefits:
- One Free Night award worth up to 15,000 points to be redeemed for a one-night stay at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status and 10 Elite Night credits to accelerate cardholders’ journey with Marriott Bonvoy upon successful sign-up
- Earn up to 3 additional Free Night awards upon meeting spending thresholds
Additional benefits include:
- Members can earn Marriott Bonvoy points for every INR150 spent (8 Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy; 4 Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases across travel, dining and entertainment; 2 Marriott Bonvoy points on all other eligible purchases)
- 12 complimentary access to domestic lounges each year
- 12 complimentary access to international lounges each year
- Complimentary access to participating golf courses globally, up to 2 times per quarter
- Insurance against loss or delayed baggage, loss of passport, ticket as well as missed connection to be covered by HDFC Bank
- Complimentary personal air accident insurance cover
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
We are excited to launch our first Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit card in India, following successful launches in Japan and South Korea. With the potential to open the world of travel to a new generation of Indian explorers, the combination of benefits from two powerful brands underscores our commitment to providing members with more ways to earn through everyday purchases. More importantly, this collaboration accentuates our holistic vision of hospitality and allows us to add personalised benefits for our members, that extend beyond hotel stays.said Ranju Alex, Area Vice-President – South Asia, Marriott International.
The accumulated points can be redeemed at participating hotels across the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio – from free nights and upgrades within the unrivalled 31-brand portfolio, once-in-a-lifetime experiences through Marriott Bonvoy Moments, to bringing the hotel experience home with signature branded products from Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques, among others.
We are pleased to introduce India’s first co-branded hotel credit card in partnership with Marriott Bonvoy. This collaboration reflects our commitment to providing innovative financial solutions that cater to the evolving needs of our customers. With this card, we aim to enhance the travel experiences of our valued cardholders by offering exclusive benefits, rewards, and seamless access to Marriott International’s award-winning travel program. As the leading card issuer in the country, we are excited about this new offering and believe this partnership will revolutionise the way our customers engage with the hospitality industry, enhancing their journeys and creating lasting memories.said Parag Rao, Country Head – Payment Business, Consumer Finance, Technology and Digital Banking, HDFC Bank.
The cardholders will also have the convenience to transfer points to nearly 40 airlines across the globe.
Featured image by Marriott
What do you think of Marriott’s first co-branded credit card in India? Let me know in the comments section below.