Accor has announced that it is “gearing towards a record-breaking year in signings in the Premium, Midscale, and Economy Division across Asia”, with more than 15,000 keys poised for signing by the end of 2023.
As of September 2023, Accor has already inked management agreements for a total of 42 properties, adding over 11,000 keys to its robust portfolio. The outlook for the remainder of 2023 includes plans to sign an additional 20 projects, bringing 15,000+ total new keys to the region. As part of this significant growth, the group is actively focusing on elevating its presence in the Premium segment with its Pullman, Swissôtel, Mövenpick, and Grand Mercure brands, with a substantial 17 hotels signed thus far. Accor says that it remains “steadfast in maintaining its leadership in the Midscale and Economy market”, primarily represented by Novotel, Mercure, and ibis brands.
Our commitment to the region is evident through our comprehensive growth strategies, setting new benchmarks in terms of both the number of properties and keys signed, alongside the introduction of innovative brands that cater to the diverse needs of the ever-evolving Asian hospitality market. As we continue to ride on this momentum, Accor is undeniably at the forefront of shaping the future of hospitality across the Asia region.said Garth Simmons, Chief Executive Officer, Premium, Midscale and Economy Division – Asia, Accor.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
Some of the new signings include:
- Grand Mercure Bangkok Sukhumvit 68 (Thailand): Nestled along the bustling Sukhumvit Road, Soi 68, Grand Mercure Bangkok Sukhumvit is just a mere 200 meters from the Udomsuk BTS station. Boasting an array of amenities, including two restaurants, a bar, a rejuvenating spa, a swimming pool, a fully equipped fitness centre, and five versatile meeting and conference rooms, this hotel ensures guests have every comfort at their fingertips.
- Grand Mercure Amritsar Airport Road (India): The eagerly awaited Grand Mercure hotel in the heart of Amritsar will feature 100 spacious rooms, including five suites. Two delightful dining options, as well as an expansive banquet hall, a top-notch spa and fitness center, and a swimming pool complete the guest experience. Situated in the heart of Amritsar, a city celebrated for its rich cultural heritage and the iconic Golden Temple, the Grand Mercure aims to be a symbol of elegance and comfort.
- Pullman Amritsar (India): Accor has announced the signing of Pullman Amritsar, making it the second Pullman property in India after the one in Delhi. Pullman Amritsar will open its doors in 2027, located in a prime location on a sprawling 9,642 square meter site in the heart of Amritsar. The exquisite hotel will offer 200 well-appointed rooms, three exceptional food and beverage outlets and a magnificent 1,200+ sqm banqueting facility. Additionally, guests will have access to a state-of-the-art fitness centre and spa, alongside a relaxing swimming pool.
- Mövenpick Living West Hanoi (Vietnam): Mövenpick Living West Hanoi takes over a 196-room property situated in the heart of Hanoi’s new Central Business District. This strategic location offers convenient access to numerous office buildings, making it an ideal choice for business travellers seeking a comfortable and accessible stay. Guests Will be able to explore the vibrant city of Hanoi with ease, as the hotel is just a stone’s throw away from some of the city’s most iconic landmarks, including the Vietnam National Convention Center and My Dinh National Stadium. The hotel will open in Q4 2024, aiming to deliver a premium experience that aligns perfectly with the long-stay trend, offering spacious rooms and a range of amenities designed to make guests feel at home during their extended visits.
- Novotel Genting Highlands (Malaysia): Scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of 2031, Novotel Genting Highlands will be a new addition to one of Malaysia’s key tourist destinations. The 300-room hotel will be located within the King’s Park mixed-use development project in the heart of Genting Highlands, which encompasses over 2 km of street shops, an entertainment hub, an event hall, three distinctive hotels, and upscale residences. Novotel Genting Highlands will offer a comprehensive array of amenities, including an all-day dining restaurant, an inviting lobby bar, an exclusive executive lounge, a swimming pool, spa, well-equipped fitness centre, ballroom, multiple state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and a kid’s club.
Featured image by Accor
What do you think of Accor’s expansion in Asia in 2023? Let me know in the comments section below.