On Thursday, Italian airline Alitalia announced that it would resume flights to São Paulo and Buenos Aires from mid-December.
Alitalia will resume flights from Rome’s Fiumicino (FCO) to São Paulo/Guarulhos – Governador André Franco Montoro International Airport (GRU) in Brazil. Brazilian airline GOL will codeshare on the route. The airline will use Boeing B777 on this route. It will be a once weekly flight.
- Rome-São Paulo
- Departure time- 22:05
- Arrival time- 6:25 (the next day)
- Flight number- AZ674
- Flight time- 12 hours and 20 minutes
- São Paulo-Rome
- Departure time- 16:05
- Arrival time- 7:15 (the next day)
- Flight number- AZ675
- Flight time- 11 hours and 10 minutes
GOL itself will not restart flights until March 2021. However, with the codeshare agreement with Alitalia in place, travelers can carry on with GOL to another 39 Brazilian destinations, including Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia.
- Rome-Buenos Aires
- Departure time- 21:50
- Arrival time- 8:00 (the next day)
- Flight number- AZ680
- Flight time- 14 hours and 10 minutes
- Buenos Aires-Rome
- Departure time- 14:05
- Arrival time- 7:00 (the next day)
- Flight number- AZ681
- Flight time- 12 hours and 55 minutes
Are you excited to fly on Alitalia’s new routes to São Paulo and Buenos Aires? Let me know in the comments section below.