United Airlines has announced that it has added nearly 150 flights to Warm-Weather cities this winter. As demand for travel continues to build, the airline is expecting the resurgence to continue for winter holiday travel and is planning ahead by increasing service to cities in the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America.
The Chicago-based airline is adding nearly 150 flights this winter to warm-weather destinations across the United States and is increasing service to Latin beach and leisure markets by 30% compared to 2019. The airline will fly 137 more flights than it did in 2019 to places like Florida, California, Arizona, Georgia and Nevada starting November 2021 through March 2022.
The carrier is expanding its winter schedule after seeing a strong travel demand during the Fourth of July travel period. During this period, United carried five times as many customers as it did over the same period in 2020.
Ankit Gupta, Vice President of Planning, United Airlines, said:
Celebrating the holidays with family and loved ones in 2020 was a challenge, and we know our customers are already eager to plan winter vacations and gatherings in person this year to make up for time that they lost. As pandemic restrictions ease, people are becoming more confident in planning travel further in advance, so we want to make sure to offer our customers as much choice as possible.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
The additional flights in the United States include:
- Up to 25 additional daily flights from New York/Newark to cities including Fort Myers, Jacksonville and Savannah
- Up to 14 additional daily flights from Denver to cities including Charleston, Fort Lauderdale and Savannah
- Up to 12 additional daily flights from Chicago to cities including Key West, Las Vegas and San Diego
- Up to 11 additional daily flights from Washington D.C. to cities including Charleston, New Orleansand Phoenix
- Up to seven additional daily flights from Houstonto Florida including Miami, Orlando and Palm Beach
- Up to four additional daily flights from Los Angelesto Orlando, Tampa and Fort Myers
- Up to four additional daily flights from Cleveland to Orlando, Tampa and Fort Myers
- Up to three additional daily flights from San Francisco to Orlando and Fort Myers
United recently added three brand-new routes between California and Florida.
Most of these additional flights will be operated with mainline aircraft featuring United First , Economy Plus and standard Economy seat options and complimentary snacks and onboard Wi-Fi.
Additionally, United is increasing service to the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America by 30% compared to 2019. This added service includes launching 12 new routes from Denver, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco and Washington D.C. to destinations including Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexico; Liberia, Costa Rica and Nassau, Bahamas.
These additions come on the heels of United announcing the largest fleet order in its history of more than 270 mainline aircraft consisting of 200 Boeing B737MAXs and 70 Airbus A321neos. The carrier also recently added 2 brand-new outdoor-friendly destinations to its network.
These new flights are now bookable on united.com or through the airline Mobile App.
Featured image by Planespotters
What do you think of United adding nearly 150 flights to warmer weather destinations this winter? Let me know in the comments section below.
Follow IH Aviation and Travel on Social Media on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.