Radisson Hotel Group has announced the addition of 9 new hotels in India.
In the first half of 2021, Radisson announced the signing of 4 new hotels in India. These included Classic Grande Imphal, a member of Radisson Individuals, The Elite Narsapura, a member of Radisson Individuals, Park Inn by Radisson Vadodara and Park Inn by Radisson Vellore. These were followed by 5 additional signings towards the second half of the year – Radisson Resort Kumbhalgarh, Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, New Gurugram, Park Inn by Radisson Deoghar, Radisson Hotel Jamshedpur, and Park Inn by Radisson Ahmedabad Daslana. These 9 hotels will collectively add over 1,000 rooms to its domestic network in the next 3 to 5 years.
Last year, the hospitality group opened 12 new hotels and also introduced two new brands in India. Radisson Hotel Group added 1,161 rooms to its network in 2021 with 12 hotel openings. Its diverse portfolio recorded the addition of hotels and resorts across Dharamshala, Nashik, Lonavala, Pahalgam, Sonamarg, Chandigarh, Vizag and Imphal amongst other leisure destinations.
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
The hotels signed in 2021 include:
- Classic Grande Imphal, a member of Radisson Individuals (Now Open): Situated in the state capital of Manipur, this 171-room hotel, offers comfortable accommodation in lovely surroundings. The property is centrally located and offers high-quality services paired with spectacular views overlooking the majestic Baruni Hill range. Warm hospitality and rich Manipur heritage run throughout the hotel’s rooms, suites and delightful dining venues.
- Park Inn by Radisson Vellore: Located off National Highway 48 which connects Mumbai and Chennai through Bengaluru, the property is ideally situated in the heart of Vellore, allowing guests quick access to all major attractions in the city including Vellore Fort, Balmathi Hills, Jalakandeswarar Temple and the Government Museum. The hotel is built to attract leisure and business travelers alike. Guests will have access to multiple food and beverage outlets, a fitness center and event spaces. The hotel is expected to open in 2023.
- The Elite Narasapura, a member of Radisson Individuals: Strategically located just five minutes away from Narasapura Industrial Hub and one hour away from Kempegowda Bengaluru International Airport, this property is ideal for business travelers. The 160-room, upscale hotel also allows travelers quick access to a world of adventure including boating over lake waters, rock climbing on mountains, or a day at the Ronald Fream-designed, 18-hole golf course at Zion Hills Golf County. The hotel is currently opened with an extension which is expected to be operational by 2023.
- Park Inn by Radisson Vadodara: This 112-room business hotel will feature a fitness center, swimming pool, tea lounge, all-day dining and multiple meeting and exhibition spaces. With proximity to the central business district, shopping district, government offices and commercial complexes, this property make a perfect business stay. The hotel is expected to open in 2025.
- Radisson Resort Kumbhalgarh: Located 82 kilometers from Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh is a historic city established in the 15th century and is rapidly gaining prominence on the tourist circuit of Rajasthan. The resort serves as an ideal leisure getaway with the Kumbhalgarh Fort – a UNESCO world heritage site, situated five kilometers from the property and the stunning Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary at a 55-kilometer scenic drive. The property will offer beautiful views of the Aravali Hills and allow guests access to a spa, swimming pool and fitness center. The hotel is expected to open in 2024.
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, New Gurugram: Located in India’s second-largest information technology hub and third-largest financial and banking hub, this 150-room property is suitable for a quick getaway for the Delhi NCR with its strategic location and convenient access. The property boasts of grand ballrooms, party lawns and three board rooms. The resort is expected to open in 2026.
- Park Inn by Radisson Deoghar: Deoghar is a prime pilgrim destination in the East Indian state of Jharkhand and is widely known for a 600-year-old temple which is one of the 12 most sacred religious sites for devotees of Lord Shiva. Centrally situated, this Park Inn by Radisson property is just four kilometers from Deogarh International Airport and nearly two kilometers away from all major pilgrim sites and temples in the city. The 110-room hotel is expected to open in 2024.
- Radisson Hotel Jamshedpur: Situated in the Steel City of Jamshedpur, the hotel is atop a retail mall with a total area of 600,000 sqft. This 100-room hotel will house a garden terrace, function halls, fitness center and swimming pool along with all-day dining and a lounge bar. The hotel is expected to open in 2026.
- Park Inn by Radisson Ahmedabad Daslana: Located in the industrial area of Daslana known for the manufacturing of automobiles, food processing units and poly-plastic products, this hotel is expected to house a fitness center, swimming pool, function halls with a pre-function area, a board room, and outlets that offer all-day dining. The 100-room hotel is expected to open in 2026.
Zubin Saxena, Managing Director and Vice President, Operations, South Asia, Radisson Hotel Group, said:
2021 marks a significant milestone for us at Radisson Hotel Group as we opened our 100th hotel in India. We continued our foray towards our ambitious five-year expansion plan with nine signings in 2021 and are working towards replicating this performance in 2022. India remains a key part of the Group’s global strategy, and we intend to invest across all parts of our operations. Our next phase of growth would be driven by strategic, brand-defining hotel signings and openings that will provide a major uplift to our hotel portfolio and broaden our offerings for guests and owners.
Featured image by Radisson
What do you think of Radisson’s expansion in India? Let me know in the comments section below.