WizzAir has announced that it will increase frequency of flights on 6 routes out of London Luton Airport. This has become possible as the low-cost carrier has acquired two daily slot pairs at London Luton airport from Vueling, a rival low-cost carrier.
WizzAir will increase frequency of flights to 6 Romanian and Polish destinations next month. These are:
- Craiova: starting 11th May 2022 – from 9 to 11-flights-a-week
- Sibiu: starting 16th May 2022 – from 5 to 7-flights-a-week
- Bacau: starting 17th May 2022 – from 5 to 7-flights-a-week
- Iasi: starting 17th May 2022 – from 11 to 14-flights-a-week
- Timisoara: starting 19th May 2022 – from 7 to 9-flights-a-week
- Wroclaw: starting 13th June 2022 – from 5 to 7-flights-a-week
Stay up to date: Sign up for my newsletter to never miss latest Aviation and Travel news.
Marion Geoffroy, Managing Director of Wizz Air UK, said:
This announcement highlights our continued commitment to London Luton Airport, which was our first ever base in the UK. Acquiring two additional daily slots will allow us to provide customers with even more ultra low-fare travel opportunities. 2022 is off to a great start, especially with the lifting of Covid-19 travel restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers. We look forward to a busy summer season, and passengers being able to enjoy our excellent service onboard one of the greenest aircraft available on the market today.
WizzAir states that the expansion will see it offer a total of 5.6 million seats across 75 destinations from Luton airport for the summer 2022 season.
Meanwhile, in December 2022, WizzAir announced 14 new routes from London Gatwick Airport.
Featured image by WizzAir
What do you think of WizzAir increasing flights from London Layton Airport to Romanian and Polish destinations? Let me know in the comments section below.